Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Top Mistake - Removing a Webpage

You may be very surprised at how long information can remain floating around on the Net.

For example, I've had requests for articles published in other newsletters dating back several years.

The links pointed to pages at my site which I could easily have removed thinking that they were no longer needed and I would have lost potential visitors.

So rather than remove an out-of-date page simply change the content to point to a current one.

And for a variation of link switching: I no longer promote my very first book written in 1998 as it is so out-of-date, yet there are sites which still link directly to the .exe file as opposed to the download page itself.

Fortunately easyClick404 comes to the rescue once again and I am able to intercept the visitor and switch him to a more modern book - this one !.

No comments: